The 3rd national Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Forum will be held in Brisbane on November 8, 2019 at the Royal Brisbane Women’s Hospital Education and Conference Centre at Herston.
The day before, Thursday November 7, from 1pm is a Veterinary Workshop – “Developing and using prescribing guidelines : guidelines to the guidelines”
Public consultation is now open for the proposal for national harmonisation of minimum veterinary prescribing and compounding regulatory requirements – Treatment of livestock
Key aspects covered by the proposal are provisions for veterinarians to continue to:
- compound and supply veterinary products subject to certain conditions
- prescribe off-label uses for prescription and non-prescription products
- use or prescribe unregistered products for food producing species in limited circumstances
The proposal and further information is available at here
Consultation is open until 2pm, Friday 14 December 2018. To make a submission:
- Read the proposal and submission form (at the link above) which contains details on how your submission will be handled.
- Submit feedback via email to firstname.lastname@example.org